With over 25 years of legal practice experience and an extensive legal career, Danny has been involved in some high profile and highly publicised cases. He has handled matters in the entire Court spectrum, ranging from County Court to the Supreme Court of Judicature in both the UK jurisdiction and abroad. Danny created legal precedent in the Cypriot Courts by obtaining the first “Search & Seizure” Order in a high profile case.
Danny, an accomplished and aggressive litigator who has been referred to as a “Rottweiller”, is known to keep a cool head in tough situations. His approach has gained him the reputation of being a “fantastic litigator” and has amassed a large client following that includes Petroleum Companies, Aviation Companies, a Political Party, as well as individuals.
Danny’s practice and expertise covers the full spectrum of Commercial and General Litigation, but his specialist areas are:
• Commercial Litigation: Contract and commercial disputes including Freezing Injunctions;
• Corporate Recovery and Insolvency and Enforcement Proceeding;
• Trust-related disputes; Partnership disputes; Shareholder’s actions; and Directors’ Disqualification proceedings. Danny has also undertaken and successfully brought proceedings for unfair prejudice claims and proceedings for breach of shareholders agreements;
• Search and Seizure Orders; Confidentiality and Restrictive Covenants enforcement; Sale of Goods and Credit Agreements; Undue influence and duress in mortgage and credit agreements;
• Professional Negligence (Solicitors, Architects, Surveyors, Accountants);
• Debt Recovery;
• Private Sector Housing (Landlord & Tenant, recovery of unpaid rent, disrepair, possessions, trespass and safety enforcement, trespass, nuisance, harassment, neighbour disputes);
• Employment: acts for employers and employees in the full ambit of employment law including: unfair dismissal, redundancy, equal pay & discrimination, TUPE, protected disclosure in the Employment Tribunal, wrongful dismissal, breach of contract and injunctions for restraint of trade/non-competition;
• Matrimonial - Divorce/Annulment/Judicial Separation/Meditation; Children Act matters including Specific Issue Orders and Prohibitive Steps Orders, Ancillary Relief.
Fluent in English and Greek.
Danny enjoys scuba diving and is qualified to Master Scuba Diver level;
Watching football and is a regular at Chelsea FC;
Travelling - has travelled regularly to Asia, the US, Europe and Mauritius.
Copyright © 2023 Moreland & Co. Solicitors - All Rights Reserved.
Moreland & Co. is a trading name of Moreland & Co. Solicitors Limited
Registered in England & Wales. Co No 05777834
Authorised & Regulated By The Solicitors Regulation Authority - SRA No. 441007